Thursday, April 30, 2009

Going...going...gone...

The Boy just fell asleep next to me. What a sweet little snuggle guy. Pretty much out of nowhere. We watched a Sesame Street episode, and, despite his loud request for "Elmo!" I put on the "You Can Fly" singalong songs. He was asleep by the second song.

I'm here for the evening while Musical Daddy is at rehearsal. I'll go home when he gets back, return in the morning, and by lunchtime, GRANDMA will be here!

When I spoke with her, she said that she'll still be here for chemo, whether she just goes home and comes back or stays through. I guess it will also depend on when they actually do start the chemo. She said not to worry and that David is the most important person, so she will do whatever he needs. She is amazing.

His platelets were in the 50's and they need to be in the 100's (thousands...but when they give the counts they just give those numbers). So he has at least some platelets.

It's frustrating. It's maddening. And every time I go home and look out the window, I see that swingset that has never yet been played upon.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Molly, I am so sad for you all right now. I can only imagine how hard it is to be stuck there much less knowing that there is that awesome swingset waiting for the little guy. Hopefully he can get on it soon.