Friday, March 20, 2009

Get going

Chemo started at 2:30. This is not a long infusion, but it requires long periods of hydration after. Perhaps they can scoot it forward a bit each day...

Pretty typical day for us, if less active. The Boy napped from 11:30 to 1-ish. They didn't bring lunch until I asked where it was. Grr. We shared an apricot bar while waiting. When they did bring food, The Boy and I ate well. He had a little chicken leg and thigh, which he ate all of, and rice, corn, and even spinach. He likes rice enough that he will tolerate some spinach in there. Iron is good. I got a turkey sandwich and a banana. Usually I can get away with ordering enough for both of us at each meal.

We are excitingly awaiting the arrival of Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) from Pittsburgh. I love having them around. Musical Daddy's father was extremely helpful as well. We are lucky to have them. They are the best. The Boy loves all of them, and they make everything better.

No comments: