Saturday, May 30, 2009

Found Money

My parents had a fire in their house last fall, and they are finally almost finished putting everything back together again. The fire was confined to the downstairs--the kitchen and the family room mostly--but smoke filled the house so everything had to be taken out so that things could be cleaned.

The upstairs "sunroom" was a holding cell for all sorts of assorted junk. Old documents, pictures, books, and generalized nonsense. And one of the things that my mother found were four savings bonds of mine, $50 each. I was excited to be getting an extra $200. Then I went to calculate the values online and they are actually worth a total of over $400.

This extra money was brought to us by the Department of Disorganization and Inefficiency. Thanks!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome. I wish that I could find some money.