Monday, July 6, 2009

Under the lights...

Tiny Guy has some jaundice, and apparently it was quick to appear (I don't see it) so they want him under lights for awhile. This in concerning because it can cause problems fir breastfeeding. I told the doctor that I wanted no supplementation, and he said to feed the baby often and they would monitor weight, hopefully he won't need it.

The doctor explained that jaundice can be exacerbated when the mother is blood type O and baby is any other type. That is the case, apparently, with both boys.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Huh. I didn't know that. I'm pretty sure I'm O and Abby is B+ (I think) and she had jaundice.

Good luck on keeping them from trying to give him formula.

Sarah said...

Aw, he'll be okay. Before the advent of this "magical" formula, it wouldn't even have been an option. Your milk is superior! *hugs*