Thursday, January 29, 2009

Boring is good!

Next chemo starts tomorrow morning, and I am grateful for another "boring" few weeks from one treatment to the next.

This time, The Boy had two transfusions. Same as last time, although this time he got blood and platelets the first time and just platelets the second time. We were told to expect a decline in platelets with the Carboplatin. He's getting the same thing again, which means that we should expect the same, if not more.

Hey everyone--if you've been considering giving whole blood or platelets, please go do it. As we progress, we'll figure out whether we want direct donations, but in the meantime, go give some blood. I can't, because I'm pregnant, but once I can again, I certainly will.

Anyhow, I'm glad that we have, once again, managed to avoid any unexpected visits. We didn't have any fever scares, even. Another victory!

No comments: