Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Scans done

TOTALLY different experience with scans at the new hospital. First of all, they did have him do oral contrast and IV contrast. He was okay with the oral contrast, which was mixed in apple juice. Secondly, they did not sedate him!

The nurses and techs were very experienced. He was restrained, really wrapped up like a burrito, but they even approached that very gradually. They had a DVD going on a TV where he could see it (next time we'll bring whatever his current favorite happens to be). The room itself had a cute pirate decor. He wasn't thrilled, but I was right there with him the whole time wearing a radiation vest and holding his hand.

I find this approach to be a lot more honest.

We need to wait, now, for the results of the scan.

Also, I don't know how I get the results of yesterday's count check, so I'll have to drop an email to the doctor.

No comments: