Sunday, December 20, 2009

Breathe

We're not entirely sure what we're dealing with here. The cultures are coming back negative and the virus tests are too. The antibiotics aren't doing much for him in terms of getting his fever down. He is getting some respiratory therapies. The chest x-rays are relatively clear, but he has developed a wheeze and has a horrific cough. He's very uncomfortable.

What I'm not sure about is whether they tested for something fungal. I think that last time he was in the hospital for a long time, they started him on Diflucan and that seemed to clear things up. It took a LONG time for them to figure it out. We'll ask them tomorrow.

I guess we were thinking viral because of the cold/flu symptoms.

Nights at the hospital this time around are VERY hard because The Boy just isn't getting quality sleep.

I really didn't see him much today. I have difficulty dividing my time between my children, and it seems as though everyone is happier when Meatball is with me and The Boy has Daddy or Grandma, regardless of whether we're all together or not. Only problem is, I miss my Boy time. He's sweet and nice, and he's so much fun even when he is feeling crappy. He's such a character these days.

I was searching through a drawer full of photos in an effort to find baby pictures of me that look like Meatball. I also found my baby book. Apparently at 18 months I could sing my ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle, name all the Sesame Street characters, and count to 5. I will scan some of those old pictures so that we can compare. He really does look a LOT like me. The Boy does too, although he resembles Daddy so much. And Grandpa (on Daddy's side).

It's hard to believe that I'm getting tired already and it isn't even 10:30.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hang in there! I know you must miss him terribly...I'd miss my girl.

I'm tired before 10:30 and I'm not dealing with any of the stress you are!

I pray he gets better soon!!

newcarr1 said...

I hope they figure things out and that the Boy feels better soon! I hope you're all together again in no time.