Thursday, November 3, 2011

For simple pleasures

Today I am thankful for my children's ability to amuse themselves with simple toys and pursuits. They are tech-savvy and love TV, but I get so excited at the sight of their eyes lighting up when I say "let's paint!" or when The Boy builds with his Trio blocks. If you haven't seen them, they are a great building set for kids starting at age 3, or age 2 if they have good dexterity, which Meatball seems to have.

He loves those blocks too, although his thing is to take all the single red blocks and stack them up, even though it means that The Boy doesn't have them.

Very off day today. We felt very directionless. The Boy had a fever, and still does, so he did not go to school. Meatball seemed okay but ended up having a fever as well. So, no school for either one tomorrow. Unfortunately, I am working tomorrow. Good thing we have Aunt J coming to help.

I'm not sure if it makes me an insensitive mother or if it makes my mother an exceptional grandmother, that I have no problem leaving my kids with her and Aunt J, even when sick. I guess since I left The Boy with Grandma while he was on treatment, and he just got so comfortable, it became that much easier. I absolutely follow their lead--if my kids like someone, they barely even say bye to me (making school drop off pretty easy, because they love it), although they are thrilled to see me.

The Boy should be in bed, but he can go ahead and stay up late, and then sleep in. Not like he is going anywhere tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: