Saturday, November 19, 2011

For helpful debate

My project over the next I-don't-know-how-long involves fighting city hall, so to speak. I don't want to get into it too much because it has to do with school and I'm certainly being careful to represent myself well as a parent in the interest of not shooting my career in the foot. I always enjoy sitting down to have real talks with my brother. Definitely not something that I can do while also devoting meaningful attention to my children. He and I don't necessarily see eye to eye when it comes to politics and policies, but now that we're adults, we can sit down and discuss things. Since I've been working on this school-related project, I started talking with him about the issues and it was nice to bounce ideas back and forth so that I can solidify my positions. I'm thankful for the maturity and intelligence to engage in civil debate with a longtime adversary--my big brother.

No comments: