Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Can't Hardly Wait, or something

The Boy is with the incomparable Grandma, waiting for his blood to arrive. The oncologist said that IF he takes the blood well and doesn't have a fever, we can just leave as soon as the blood is done, if that's what we want to do. We'd like it if the blood would show up pretty soon.

Musical Daddy has his Christmas Eve gig with the church. They did one service and he'll be doing the next one at around 8:00. Wouldn't it be fantastic if he could finish the service and then pick up The Boy and Grandma to go home?! I'm not necessarily getting my hopes up, because I know better, but it would be a little extra Christmas magic.

I love Christmas. I always have. In high school, we sang such great Christmas repertoire. We even did a handful of singouts every year. I love the decorations and the music, and I get excited about the general atmosphere. I always recognized that I was getting involved in the public excitement of the holiday, and my family would do the same. We'd take a car trip to some of the fancy suburbs to look at Christmas lights. Once my sisters started learning some of the same songs that I knew, we'd sing them together. Christmas day was somewhat anticlimactic because I had nothing to do and the fun was pretty much over. But it was a very exciting time of the year. Even as I got older there were always fun things to do. Getting involved with, and later marrying, someone who did celebrate Christmas didn't change so much except that I now had plans for Christmas. Usually.

By the way, it is now 6:05. The Boy just got his Benadryl and Tylenol, required before receiving blood, and the nurse is going to the blood bank to get the blood. Maybe he'll be done getting the blood at 10:00, at which point we'll know what's going on.

I need to find something to eat. I was all excited for Chinese food and/or Indian food, but I don't think that my stomach can handle it right now. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: