Tuesday, August 4, 2009

phew! ...and sleep...

The Boy went to bed with little fanfare. Except that to accomplish that feat I had to leave Tiny Guy in his bed and he was NOT happy about that. There has to be a better way.

End result is that The Boy fell asleep at 8:30 while I was singing to him and nursing Tiny Guy. After getting off the phone with my mother, I put Tiny Guy back in his bed, asleep.

Then my mom called. She worries about me.

Unfortunately, in order to reach the phone, I ended up twisting my already-sore back. I took some Ibuprofen after talking with her (thank goodness that stuff is categorized as safe for nursing moms because Tylenol isn't going to cut it with this back pain). I'm not usually one for taking a bunch of medicine but I have to believe that this one will do the trick.

I still hear Tiny Guy fussing around in there. Not crying or even making much noise but I hear little grunts and I just know that he's awake.

"They" say that the best thing to do is to put babies to sleep in their own beds when they are drowsy but awake, so that they can fall asleep and wake up in the same place and the same state of being. I guess this issue doesn't really apply when your kid sleeps with you. Or when both do. I would just really like it if he'd be able to sleep in that little bassinet sometimes. For the space issues, and so that we didn't waste our money on the thing, if nothing else.

When Tiny Guy sleeps for a long stretch in the middle of the day, usually it is in his carseat, because he had fallen asleep on a walk or even in the car. I have never tried to move him from the carseat to his bed, because I don't want to ruin his nap. But he stays asleep for hours in that carseat. He stays asleep for a long time in the sling but can't really be put down because he wakes up once that happens.

Hmmm...I don't hear him, so maybe he is asleep after all...nope, I heard another little noise...

We are hoping to go on a major excursion tomorrow afternoon. We want to go to Sesame Place as an early birthday present for The Boy. And because it is probably his last good count day for awhile. If he is sick, though, we won't. As in, if he has another giant puke tomorrow or looks pasty or is acting not like himself, we'll have to do it another time. Such is life.

No comments: