Sunday, November 9, 2008

Get me out of here...

We are SO restless, The Boy and I. We have to get out of here.

I am annoyed with the casual attitude that the doctors seem to have about the progression of The Boy's treatment. He seems to be getting better, kind of...but how would they know it if they never see him? The surgery docs stopped by to see him early in the morning yesterday and early this morning (woke me up pretty harshly, too, by shaking my leg repeatedly). That's a mighty long time, IMO. They didn't return any calls regarding when he could eat until FAR later than they should have. The Wilms Tumor email group was confused as to why he wasn't allowed to nurse.

The nephrologists came in. They had nothing new to say, really, just that they think that the additional blood pressure medicine is working. The urology team came in. The Boy has that same testicular swelling that he got during another hospital stay, from having too much fluid. They mentioned that they wanted to do an ultrasound...still waiting on that, too.

I hate how someone says that they're going to do something, and then they don't, and then I ask about it, and the nurse says "oh, they're just putting the order in right now" which says to me that they forgot.

He is currently allowed to eat but hasn't done so yet. He nursed last night, just a bit at a time. Then this morning he nursed enthusiastically but brought it all back up. Hopefully he'll try again later and keep it down. I'll also offer him some noodles, which he loves.

No comments: