Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The magic letters: NED!!!!!!

The Boy's scan shows No Evidence of Disease! Those are the magic words, and the magic letters that we have been itching to hear.

The doctor didn't call right away because she didn't get a chance to see the scan herself. The written report said it but she wanted to see it for herself.

She said, however, that she wanted to make one more call to check about the radiation issue. She had thought that he wouldn't need it, and that with him not even having a complete kidney that it was worth asking about. She called the head of the National Wilms Tumor Study Group to see what he thinks.

When I called and talked to one of the nurses, she said that the report was good and that he would do his chemo starting Friday. Radiation would mean a different start date for the next chemo.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Yea! Molly I am so happy for you. I have been waiting (just like you) since yesterday. Last night before I went to bed, I thought about you. Glad to hear some good news.

Sarah said...

That's great news!!

So, how much more treatment will he need before he's done?

Rebecca said...

That is AWESOME news!!! I have been anxiously awaiting this post, so I am so glad that everything is ok! :)

Elana Kahn said...

Yahoo!!!! I'm so glad the scan gave us the news we've been hoping for. :-)

Patty said...

Congratulations! That's great news!

Jennifer said...

I'm SO happy to "hear" that the scans are good!! David is such a trooper!

areyoukiddingme said...

Excellent news!