Monday, August 30, 2010

We rebelled. We evolved.

There are no copies. I'm not even sure about rebelling and evolving. But we have a plan.

There are still a few days left wherein we find out if someone just isn't showing up to work (and will leave a job open for us), but the more we talk about it with other people in the area, the more it becomes clear that getting a job in the area is REALLY difficult. It is impossible unless you know someone, which we really don't.

But then, I think I heard those warnings and didn't listen, because I thought that surely I was special. Or my husband was...that it would just take a bit of extra time and we'd be in.

It doesn't seem likely that we will remain teachers, whether we want to or not.

The plan is likely to get Musical Daddy some temp work, at the universities and in offices. From there, hopefully he gets a full-time job. Why not substitute teaching? Because it leads nowhere. And pays peanuts.

I wonder if, once we are back on a working schedule, I'll be able to fit in more time to practice and exercise. In theory. I just need to plan it.

Good BSG joke on Eureka this week, by the way. Unlike the substandard one that opened this entry (that I wrote last night but didn't actually post).

No comments: