Thursday, July 21, 2011

So THIS is what it's supposed to be like...

The term "babymoon" can refer to a couple's vacation in which they TRY to have a baby or a trip taken while pregnant to enjoy some grown-up time before baby arrives. My favorite usage, though, is that period of time after a baby is born where the mother just gets to enjoy him.

I certainly didn't get that with Meatball. What a miserable experience, that time after his birth. The crap just kept raining down. I had a nice time after The Boy was born, but some of that time was spent being nervous, as a first-time parent, that I wasn't doing things right, and listening to too much advice about this and that...but so far, I'm enjoying so much of these early days with Ender.

I'm so grateful to my parents and husband for showering the boys and me with so much love and attention. It makes it easier on the older boys, and I feel like my needs are being met, so I don't overextend myself and can recover from having pushed a person out of my body less than a week ago.

I'm still tired, and I still ache a bit, and I am still doing too much, probably, but I like the fact that I feel well enough to start to return to normal. Getting there anyway.

2 comments:

Alina said...

We are on an actual babymoon right now and loving it! So relaxing :) It's becoming a tradition we are planning to keep. But I know what you mean, I had the kind of babymoon you are talking about too and it's nice. This time around I doubt it will be relaxing for me because I don't have help with the older children, which is why we are having it now :) Enjoy!

Smilen Champ said...

Hi
my name is Jenna and i came across your site. your son is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. i was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com