Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today it's been 7 years since Musical Daddy and I got married. It feels like we've been together forever. Not because life with Musical Daddy is so tedious and ages me so (quite the opposite, thanks), but because so much has happened to us that couldn't possibly fit into only 7 years of time together.

As I mentioned a few days ago, this time of the year, despite being a time for celebrating the beginning of our life together, will probably always be colored by the events of The Boy's cancer diagnoses and the beginning of that journey for us. Three years ago, on our anniversary, we were one day post-surgery and The Boy was in such pain and just looked awful. We had some wonderful friends bring us Chinese food and we had our anniversary dinner right there in the hospital. I guess that was the real beginning of our mentality that as long as we're together, nothing else matters. And also the beginning of many occasions to be celebrated in the hospital, since the hospital became such a huge part of our lives.

Tonight we went out to dinner. My mother gave us a coupon. We love coupons. Grandma and Grandpa took charge from bathtime to Meatball's bedtime, and continued to supervise The Boy in various electronic pursuits. The Boy had no nap today and was asleep by the middle of the first page in the second story. And the only reason it took that long is because Fox in Socks is just too cool and he had to stay awake for it.

For anyone keeping track, I'm two weeks and two days away from my "due date" with Boy #3. I'm definitely feeling round and tubby and just...slow. I'm not impatient for this baby to come out, though, because the longer he stays, the longer I have to chase "only" two little boys. I have room for two little boys on my lap (which is pushing it) and if I have three little boys, someone gets left out. And someone might also need to be followed. Hard to do when you have two other children on your lap.

Information about the baby can be found at http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com until further notice.

1 comment:

JC said...

Cute link! Congrats on the anniversary. It's my 7th anniversary this year too! :)