Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mini Mommy Pity Party

No, it isn't what it looks like.

I think I've been neglecting my blog because I've been in a lousy mood, and while my parenting struggles and the trials we go through as they relate to The Boy's recovery and such are useful reads, my own little issues not so much. Sometimes, however, I just get stuck in my own problems and, frankly, this blog isn't really the place to air out all my ridiculousness.

Then again, since it's my blog, I can do whatever I want.

I had an interview that I thought went well, where they told me that they were moving quickly to the second round and that they'd be done by the end of the week. I never heard from them.

I tried not to get emotionally involved with this job interview because I've been let down multiple times. Unfortunately, the last time I had to go look for a job, I was an ideal candidate--nearly 24 years old, some experience but not too much, and no advanced degree. Not to mention, no kids.

I wonder if I walk around like I have a lot of baggage. Because I do have a lot of baggage.

Which brings me to an appropriate subject change--I've started getting into yoga. I hadn't done any yoga regularly since those months leading up to the wedding, which, for those doing the math, was over 6 years ago. The gym where we belonged happened to have an excellent yoga class that met on Tuesdays, with a great teacher.

Now I'm getting back into it with a combination of a few classes at a studio within walking distance and, believe it or not, yoga on the WiiFit. It's great for my balance and posture, which might help with the whole baggage thing.

Even better--there is a family yoga class at the studio, where I can bring The Boy and he can either play or participate in the class. Best part? Today during the relaxation portion of class, he actually snuggled with me.

The home stuff is good. The boys are good. I feel better because of that. At some point I'll look back at this point in our lives and see just another junction.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for yoga! I have been absolutely terrible lately about exercise -- as in, haven't been doing it at all. I used to walk (fast!) 4-5 times a week! Of course, this was before kids. I really need to get motivated again because exercising makes me feel better overall.

I really hope you find a job. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. :( I just know one of these days you're going to have an awesome post that you've found a job!