Monday, October 4, 2010

A little family magic

My mother-in-law passed away 9 years ago. Long before she was my mother-in-law.

At some point about ten years ago, she was videotaped reading a story to one of her granddaughters. The story was Froggy Gets Dressed. We happen to have that 4-minute video on our desktop which, thanks to the super-cool new AppleTV, is easily accessible on our upstairs television.

The Boy wanted to watch a few videos of himself before bed. Then I told him that his other grandmother was going to read him a story. He watched the video, enjoyed it, and, when asked if he wanted that movie again or another story, he chose that movie.

Then, he walked into his room and climbed into bed. I tucked him in, gave him a kiss, and said that I'd be back if he needed me but I had to start diaper laundry. By the time I returned, he was sleeping contentedly. AND he didn't wake his brother.

Coincidence?

4 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

That is super awesome. I wish I had videos of my dad reading a bedtime story. Alas...

Johanna S said...

That was beautiful. I have tears in my eyes! Must be one of Musical Daddy's favorite videos.

Sarah said...

Aw! That is so awesome. And what a great idea to videotape reading a story.

nancy said...

Awwww, That's just so sweet!