Wednesday, June 2, 2010

For the record...

Even though I have halted potty training with The Boy until he is more "ready," (actually, port removal is next week so it's just as well), I still think that T. Berry Brazelton is a corporate tool.

T. Berry Brazelton did a lot of child development research and basically endorsed Pampers, hailing the new product as one that makes mothers' lives so much easier because children can wait to learn the potty and parents can just throw dirty diapers away.

Creating new sets of problems...

Anyhow, I think I will still offer him the potty in the morning and before we go out, just to keep it in his consciousness, but give him the choice to use diapers, particularly when going out.

I swear...if I have any more kids (which I doubt) it's going to be EC all the way...

1 comment:

Alina said...

It's not too late for Jesse to do EC, but I've tried and boy is it HARD. At home it works fine, but it is very limiting in terms of leaving the house, especially when rushed. It makes plenty of sense in theory, but I doubt it can be done without extended family around - which you have, so give it a shot. I completely understand why David is stubborn with the potty - the poor baby had such a stormy toddlerhood up until now, that he needs to elicit 'some' control. I think he just wants it to be 'his' idea, and you might be pleasantly surprised that soon enough he'll be asking for the potty even when wearing diapers. Good luck :)