Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bass Bow 911

It's broken. As in, it cracked. I was at rehearsal, putting rosin on the bow and somehow it just got away from me. Yikes!

It was an expensive bow, although it isn't nearly the caliber of bow that I should be using on the type of bass that I have. So I guess it wasn't expensive by bow standards but it's still a lot of money.

I have another. It's a student bow. I left rehearsal and found the extra bow at home, so I packed it up and went right back to rehearsal.

I have an appointment at 2:00 to see if my bow can be fixed.

If not, I'm stuck with the old one for awhile. If I can justify the expense of a new bow by spending more time practicing my instrument, then I'll get a new bow once we have the money. Unless I spend the time working on my instrument, I don't think I deserve a new bow.

2 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

Oh no!! I really hope your bow can be fixed. I know how expensive violin and cello ones can be, so I'm sure bass ones are even worse. Good luck and practice, practice, practice!

Jennifer said...

I saw your fb comment on how much it cost. Yikes! Good Luck.