Friday, December 19, 2008

Let's get this going

We arrived at the hospital around 9:45. I spent a few minutes at the admissions desk, and then up we went.

The room that we're in this time for The Boy's treatment was the same room he was in when we were first admitted for his initial diagnosis. Granted, all the rooms look the same, but I have a memory for many things useless.

His port was accessed and IV hooked up a little before 11:45. They will hydrate him with the IV fluids, and once he is sufficiently hydrated, they will start chemo. So it should be sometime this afternoon, as opposed to the middle of the night like last time. We've learned our lesson in that regard.

The complex part of this whole operation is that the snow has really begun to come down, and I'm concerned about how that will affect overall hospital operations. The Boy's nurse said that they do not allow the day shift to leave until the night shift arrives. One by one, as replacements come, they get to leave. Laundry could be an issue, which was why the nurse hooked us up with lots of extra hospital gowns and bedding pads. Hopefully food will still work out.

Speaking of which... I'm hungry! Musical Daddy and I took advantage of the fact that I didn't need to work (and we were up anyway) to go to the diner for breakfast. I had chocolate chip pancakes. But then, that was at 7:15 AM, and it's now 12:25 PM. I'll go hunting for food soon enough.

I'll keep the updates coming. Our room is one that doesn't get great phone reception unless you have a certain carrier, which we don't. So if you would like to call, drop me an email and I'll send you the room phone.

No comments: